Why is Water Important to Weight Loss?
Water is crucial to our well being. You always hear people always say how it is important to drink water, but you rarely here the actual benefits of its importance. In this blog, I will go over all the key factors that make water the best liquid on planet Earth.
- Nutrient Transportation - Our bodies are made up of over 80% water and uses blood as our transport system to deliver nutrients throughout the body. Blood also circulates oxygen through our bodies. Our blood becomes thicker when we are dehydrated making it harder to efficiently deliver nutrients and oxygen to the body. Therefor proper hydration assures our bodies transportation system is working affectively.
- Regulate Body Temperature – Your body uses water to cool down your skin which is the biggest organ you have. This is very important during any physical activity.
- Water Retention – The best way to let go of some unwanted water retention is to drink more water. When you are properly hydrated your body sends signals that it does not need to retain extra water.
- Digestive System – The proper amount of hydration assures that your digestive system is working properly. This is essential to absorbs nutrients properly.
- Kidney Function – The kidneys need the proper amount of water to function properly. The liver steps in when the kidneys aren’t able to function properly. The Livers function is to help burn body fat. So when the liver is stepping in for the kidneys it is less effective at burning excess body fat.
I think it’s safe to say that water it is the easiest, cheapest, and most effective way to improve your health and well-being. If you are a sedentary female you should get a minimum of 2.2L a day. If you are a sedentary male you should get at least 3.0L a day. Drink up friends and stay thirsty.